At Truvelop, we’re here to help companies improve Manager and Team Member relationships by increasing touch points, promoting real-time feedback, and focusing on development and upskilling opportunities. One of the many benefits of Truvelop is the messaging our Customer Success team sends out on the 1st and 15th of every month. Meryl Goeke and Juliana Withers share best practices with end users on various topics and this month, we’re focusing on autonomy and growth.
Employees who strongly agree that their managers helped them set performance goals are 69% more engaged compared to employees who did not have managers help them. (Gallup)
We’re nearly halfway through 2021. As we approach that midpoint, it’s a good time to check in on the goals set in January. It's important to consider independence, growth mindset, and reengagement as companies adjust paths to reach goals in the second half of the year.
We recommend Managers ask themselves the following questions:
- As a Manager, what positive changes have you made in the last 6 months?
- Have you and your team been flexible and resilient? If so, how?
- What needs to be accomplished in the next 6 months? How are you going to accomplish your goals?
- What development opportunities exist for each Team Member?
- Are there any barriers or challenges that may prevent success? How can we overcome them?
Managers use Truvelop as a platform to reference and reflect. Through the platform, Managers help build autonomy and encourage a growth mindset for Team Members.
- Reflect on what’s working. Our Managers know resilience during challenging times is a key component to success. In order to adjust paths to reach goals in the second half of the year, it’s important to continue to do what’s working and take action on what needs improvement. Managers can look back at the real-time feedback and Sparks they sent to Team Members right in the app!
- Assess the talent landscape. With multiple data points to reference and reflect upon, Managers have the ability to look at how performance has changed from January to July. Using Truvelop, Managers can track and trend performance to find out when to step in. On the other hand, if a Team Member has become a top performer, they can use the Manager Action to find out how to encourage and celebrate them.
- Plan for change. We encourage our Managers to continue to prioritize flexibility, adaptability and resilience. Being a leader means going beyond simply managing tasks. We want our Managers to help Team Members be autonomous and continue to grow, and that starts with being a strong role model for exactly that. With Truvelop, Managers take the initiative for their own growth by using the Truvelop’s Knowledge Center to learn more. Whether it’s goal-setting, having more effective manager-team member conversations, or following step-by step instructions on what to do next with the talent landscape of their team—we’ve got it all!
Contact us today to learn more about Truvelop’s modern approach to performance management and development and the many benefits for employees including supporting a transparent, development focused, coaching culture.